In The News
- USA Today and the Gannett Foundation awarded us a national project grant for regional poetry slams USA Today
- Nine alumni from DC are traveling to Russia in May 2018 for the Street Child World Cup.
- Featured in top publications, including The Washington Post, The Guardian, and HuffPost.
- Partner with many MLS teams and individual ambassadors like Heather O'Reilly and Lamar Neagle.
- National Spokesperson Briana Scurry featured in Sports Illustrated in 2014 with SCORES poet-athletes.
- Poet-athletes joined President and First Lady Obama for Let’s Move! at the White House from 2012 to 2016.
- National board of directors and staff rang the New York Stock Exchange Closing Bell from 2010 to 2014.
- Ten-year ASCAP Songwriter Residency has resulted in seven volumes of original music and press coverage.
Awards & Recognitions
- Honoree, Library of Congress Literacy Awards, 2018
- Shortlist, Beyond Sports Awards, 2016
- Nominee, Robert Wood Johnson Foundation's Children's Wellbeing Pioneer, 2016
- Honoree, First Lady Michelle Obama’s Beating the Odds Summit at the White House, 2015 & 2016
- Member, U.S. Soccer Diversity Task Force, 2015
- Participant, American Express Leadership Academy, 2014
- Winner, President’s Committee on the Arts and the Humanities' Coming Up Taller Award, 2008
National Poetry SLAM!
The National Poetry SLAM! highlighted the power of America SCORES to improve lives while celebrating the achievements of outstanding elementary school youth. A red-carpet and star-studded event, the SLAM! gave over 150 students the opportunity to perform in New York City from 2007-2016. SCORES families, coaches and teachers from around the country, attended the events, as well as representatives of top brands, ranging from finance to sports.
Subscribe to our national newsletter