America SCORES is the only urban youth development program with curriculum specifically aligned with the twelve Standards for English Language Arts (National Council of Teachers of English), the six National Standards for Physical Education (National Association for Sport and Physical Education), and the eight K-12 Service-Learning Standards (National Youth Leadership Council).
Who we serve:
- 10,000 youth
- 14 affiliate cities
- 175 urban elementary and middle schools
- over 650 public school teachers
Today, America SCORES students:
- write more than 20,000 original literary works each year
- get 10 times more exercise than the national average
- provide 200,000 hours of volunteer work to their communities
- publish their work in magazines
- participate in spoken word events in front of audiences of hundreds
America SCORES was named a winner of the Coming Up Taller Award in 2008.
Given by The President’s Committee on the Arts and the Humanities, the award recognizes outstanding arts and humanities programs fostering the creative and intellectual development of America’s youth.
Help make our highest-quality programs available in every public school.
America SCORES empowers students in urban communities using soccer, writing, creative expression, and service-learning. With teamwork as the unifying value, we inspire youth to lead healthy lifestyles, be engaged students, and become agents of change in their communities. To find out more about our programs: Sign up for our mailing list.