America SCORES Summer Camp in Partnership with SF Recreation & Parks
– Creative Expression through Soccer and Word Play –
America SCORES specializes in youth development through soccer, poetry, and community building. At camp, kids will explore authentic expression of body and mind through soccer clinics, team challenges, word play, poetic exploration, and performance. This magical combination builds skills and confidence on and off the field. Our talented staff members work with 1,500 students year-round and have decades of combined experience as coaches and youth sports program managers. Campers will create, play, and grow together in a safe, community-oriented environment.
- Soccer clinics and small-sided games with an emphasis on ball handling, passing, and smart decision making
- Team-building activities throughout each day incorporated to form new friendships and problem-solving skills
- Creative writing activities that emphasize personal expression and word play from “Words in Action” curricula
- Free play and time to work one-on-one with a soccer or creative writing coach
- Special activities include a culminating soccer tournament and creative writing showcase on Friday!
+ Camp will run from 9am-3pm each day. Sorry, no extended care available.
July 10-14 — 9am – 3pm
July 24-28 — 9am – 3pm
Both camps are at Civic Center Plaza / SF Public Library Main Branch. The soccer activities will take place on the grass fields in Civic Center Plaza and poetry will be held in the Learning Studio classroom and in the beautiful Koret Auditorium.
The America SCORES Camp with SF Rec & Parks is designed for boys and girls ages 6-11 years old who are interested in exploring soccer and creative writing at all levels. We will create teams/groups based on experience and interest level in both activities. Our aim is to match like abilities in order for each child to feel comfortable and confident with his or her teammates.
WHAT TO BRING:
Your camper will need a backpack or athletic bag with comfortable, athletic clothes that are appropriate for the weather; Wear athletic shoes and bring shinguards (required). Please pack a healthy snack, lunch, and water bottle each day.
Drop-off is no later than 9am and pick-up is no later than 3pm. Sorry, no extended care available.
Cost varies. Financial assistance is available. This camp aims to build community among a diverse group of 1st-5th grade students who represent a broad range of socio-economic and cultural backgrounds. Scholarships are available through the Rec & Parks scholarship program. Please click here for further information about the scholarship application process.
** If you would like to apply for a Counselor or Junior Counselor position at camp, please email Yuri Morales at email@example.com