Give at Work
Matching Gifts: DOUBLE YOUR DONATION!
Many employers recognize the value in supporting employee donations to impactful organizations, such as America SCORES. Most of these programs match contributions dollar for dollar, and some will even double or triple the amount of your gift!
6 EASY Steps to Receive a Matching Gift
- Inquire with the Human Resources Department of your company to see if they participate in a matching gift program.
- If your company participates in a matching gift program, obtain their Matching Gift Form and complete the first section that is reserved for the “Donor”.
- Send your completed form to: America SCORES Chicago, 600 West Cermak Road, suite 204; Chicago, IL 60616.
- Once received, we will verify the information and complete the section marked “Organization”. Please note: we may contact you for additional information during this verification. When completed, we will send the Matching Gift form to your employer.
- Your company will then process the request and send a check to America SCORES.
- When received, we will apply the matching gift to your event contributions.
IT’S THAT SIMPLE!
Supporting a charity through employee fundraising has excellent benefits for both the company and its staff. Besides raising invaluable funds to support America SCORES, you help us achieve our vision of a world where all youth find their voice, achieve their goals, and unleash their full potential. Through employee fundraising, you can:
- Motivate employees
- Increase teamwork
- Create a positive workplace atmosphere
- Give employees the opportunity to develop new skills
Be adventurous and have some fun with your fundraising campaign. Consider some of the following fundraising ideas to get you started:
- Dress down day: Make a donation to America SCORES and avoid wearing your business suit or uniform for the day!
- Bake Sale: Invite employees to donate home baked goods and host a coffee and bake sale for your colleagues.
- Interoffice Challenge: Plan a healthy sporting competition, poetry slam or other team building activity that all company employees can participate in that will both help raise awareness and much needed funds to help our youth lead healthy lives, be engaged students, and have the confidence and character to make a difference in the world.
Let us help you brainstorm. Contact Aiden Killick (AKillick@americascores.org).