Fall 2017 Journalism Internship
DC SCORES is seeking a self-motivated, hard-working, outgoing, creative, social media-addicted, eager-to-learn individual to serve as our Fall 2017 Communications Intern. This paid intern will be a critical member of our team and will directly assist the Communications Manager with several forms of internal and external communications, in addition to much more. The internship requirements include:
- Develop and post content for DC SCORES’ several social media channels including Blogger, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram.
- Stay on top of best practices for social media and develop new social media strategies for the organization.
- Attend DC SCORES programming daily; write blogs, live Tweet, post photos to Instagram and Snapchat.
- Maintain and boost the DC SCORES Intern Twitter account on a daily basis.
Graphic design, videography, photography
- Know how to shoot video and splice clips into top-notch, high-quality videos that can be used externally.
- Create Infographics that are cutting-edge using free online programs.
- Know the basics of taking good photos and be comfortable in any situation.
- Passion for urban education, youth development and the nonprofit sector.
- Self-motivated and reliable. Don’t have to be asked twice or reminded about a project.
- Excellent organizational abilities and capacity to manage multiple projects.
- Strong written communication and editing skills.
- Experience using social media, including: Facebook, Twitter, Blogger, YouTube, Instagram, Snapchat.
- Strong experience shooting and editing video.
- Excellent verbal communication skills; comfortable being outgoing and visiting schools.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team.
Compensation and schedule
This highly competitive fall internship (September-December) is 20-40 hours per week (flexible) and comes with a $500 stipend.
To apply, send your resume and a cover letter explaining why you think this internship fits you to Communications Manager Jake Lloyd at [email protected]. No phone calls please.